The PMC office will be closed on Friday, May 26 and Monday, May 29, for the Memorial Day holiday. We will be open at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, May 30, and look forward to serving you.
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
- A fishing story
- Matthew 13:47-51
- The Big Fisherman to the little fishermen: “You must learn this lesson: you do the —I do the .”
- Three points
- Point #1—When the Gospel Net is let down it catches all of fish.
- Point #2—The fish (people) get separated at the the world.
- Point #3—The ones who do the sorting at the end of the world (in the Great Judgement) are the , not the .
- “Don’t be afraid—from now on you will fish for .” (Luke 5:10)
- Three anxiety relievers
- Anxiety Reliever #1—I don’t have to decide who gets “netted” for .
- Anxiety Reliever #2—I don’t have to decide who gets “netted” for .
- Anxiety Reliever #3—Because I don’t have to do the —all I need to do is the .
Jim Cymbala: “Christians often hesitate to reach out to those who are . They want God to clean the fish before they catch them. If someone’s gold ring is attached to an unusual body part, if the person doesn’t smell the best, or if the skin color is not the same, Christians tend to hesitate. But think for a moment about God reaching out to us. If ever there was a “reach,” that was it: the holy, pure Deity extending himself to us who were soiled, evil-hearted, unholy. God could have said, ‘You’re so different from me, so distasteful, I would really rather not get too close to you.’ But he didn’t say that. It was our very that drew his hand of love.” (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire: What Happens When God’s Spirit Invades the Hearts of His People 141)
- Ellen White: “[Christ] has not committed to us the work of judging character and motive. He knows our nature too well to entrust this work to us. Should we try to uproot from the church those whom we suppose to be spurious Christians, we should be sure to make mistakes. Often we regard as hopeless subjects the very ones whom Christ is drawing to Himself.” (Christ’s Object Lessons 71)
- How to fish for people
- Ask God at the beginning of every day to lead you to someone who needs what can offer.
- Ask God to help you make an to someone.
- “The Big Day” (September)
- “Unlocking Revelation (October)
- “God’s Boot Camp” (October)
- Ask God every morning to be at work in the lives of people you know who need Jesus.
- A story: “This is the smell of the world I died for.”
We do the fishing—He does the sorting
Adult Sabbath School teachers or group representatives may pick up lesson quarterlies on behalf of their Sabbath on-duty leaders or Sabbath School group on June 11, 17, and 24 from the Welcome Center. Adult Sabbath School materials are also available for free online via: http://ssnet.org/study-guides.
For questions or to submit Sabbath School information for the first time, contact:
Janna Quetz or Pastor Sabine via email@example.com or (269) 471-3133.
The Natural Remedies & Hydrotherapy workshop scheduled for August 6-11 at Andrews University has been rescheduled for spring 2018. Details will be provided as they become available.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PMC Youth Mission Team in partnership with the Department of Religion is currently conducting 9 campaigns in Honduras. Led by Erhard Gallos and Glenn Russell, the team of 23 includes students who are preaching each evening, visiting those who are attending, and presenting education seminars. It is difficult and challenging work but God is doing amazing things and lives are being changed for eternity. Numerous families have been reconciled and some couples who were co-habitating, have married and been baptized. A local TV station is broadcasting the campaign each night. Local Honduran Bible workers have prepared for the campaigns and will follow up interests. Thank you for your prayers.
Making your own herbal remedies at home is easier than you think. Come see us demonstrate how to make herbal teas and create herbal salves, learn how herbs can replace supplements, how to combine herbs for increased energy, use herbs to help sleep, discover how herbs can reduce pain, and much more. All are welcome!
May 21, 2:00 - 5:00 PM
Location: Village SDA Church
You will find inspiration as you learn how God guides through trial and leads to greater opportunity than imagined. Brad Jolly with Cathie by his side opened and developed our SDA work in Mongolia from 1991 untill his death in 1998. Cathie returned to Mongolia with Curtis joining in ministry to initiate a youth training center. It appeared as though the enemy would succeed in closing this vital project, but learn how God opens doors for greater ministry when the enemy attacks.
May 27, 4:00 PM
Location: PMC Youth Chapel