Location: PMC Commons
Gone to the Birds
Lessons from the Divine Ornithologist - Part 1
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
"Gone to the Birds: Lessons from the Divine Ornithologist"—1
- Isaiah 40:31
- "But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
- Steps to Christ: "'God is love,' is written upon every opening bud, upon every spire of springing grass. The lovely birds making the air vocal with their happy songs . . . all testify to the tender, fatherly care of our God, and to His desire to make His children happy." (10)
- Psalm 27:13-14
- "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD!"
- Carl Jung: "Hurry is not of the devil. Hurry is the devil!" (Celebration of Discipline 13)
- Joyce Landorf God’s Waiting Room
Let me have my own way, Lord, let me have my own way.
You are the potter, (but don't forget!) I am the clay.
Now mold me and make me—if it doesn't hurt too much or cramp my style.
While I am moving, forging ahead and motor mouth still.
- God's Waiting Room—Joseph, Moses, Jesus, Paul, You
- Jim Long: "If the only way to develop patience is to go through difficulty, we'd probably just as soon skip it. Every day brings some exasperation—some need, small or great, that forces us to exercise patience [or impatience, as the case may be]. . . . We struggle with patience because we don't like the circumstances we face. Patience is difficult because things feel out of control. The timing seems wrong; the wait drags on and on."(www.christianitytoday.com/iyf/1998/sepoct/8c5010.html)
- Desire of Ages: "Christ rejoiced that He could do more for His followers than they could ask or think. . . . He knew that truth, armed with the omnipotence of the Holy Spirit, would conquer in the contest with evil; and that the bloodstained banner would wave triumphantly over His followers. He knew that the life of His trusting disciples would be like His, a series of uninterrupted victories, not seen to be such here, but recognized as such in the great hereafter." (679)
"You wait . . . I win . . . You win"
December 14, 7:00 PM
Location: PMC Sanctuary
Sabbath, December 15, Both Services
Location: PMC Sanctuary
Sabbath, December 22
Location: PMC Commons
God’s Hands 4 Kids provides care and support for vulnerable children, their caregivers, and workers. We would like to know who in our own church are foster, kinship or adoptive families. As part of the Berrien County Foster Adoption Network, a collaborative of government, private agencies and Gh4k, a monthly support group is held here at PMC that includes a free meal, children’s activities and adult time. We also host several trainings a year. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about your family and share if you have a specific need. May God bless you as you give of yourself and live out James 1:27.
The Watervliet Migrant HeadStart center located at 745 N M 140 Watervliet, MI 49098 is a 501 (c) (3) private nonprofit organization that provides educational services to migrant and seasonal families that work in agriculture.We are currently seeking volunteers and donations. Volunteers are needed to come and read to children or lead in creative activities. Donations of diapers, unscented baby wipes and ready to use formula are welcome. Please contact Sanford Gomez at (269) 463-5610 or email@example.com.
Sabbath School Teachers: You may pick up your class's quarterlies and your teacher's edition at the lower level Welcome Center. Class members will receive your new quarterlies in their class so they do not need to pick up their own copy. Those PMC members not in a regular Sabbath school class may sign out one or two quarterlies for their personal use.
Looking for a quiet, thoughtful Sabbath School that dives deep into Bible study and encourages lively discussion? Join us Sabbath mornings, 10:30-11:30 AM, at Rachel Hall (the old IMC Building). We look forward to studying the Word with you!
Sabbaths, 10:30 - 11:30 AM
Loction: Rachel Hall
Contact: Anne Oyerly - firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Health Professions will be hosting a Cancer Research Forum by Dr. Benjamin Lau. He will present “Phytotherapy Maximizes Innate Immunity and Cancer Healing.” Book signing will follow in Chan Shun Lobby. Free Admission (limited capacity). Click the link below to RSVP.
September 27, 3:30 - 5:00 PM
Location: Chan Shun Hall, Garber Auditorium
Pioneer is hiring part-time and fulltime support staff positions. Visit www.pmchurch.org/employment for details.