To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD OnlineBuy series
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
»The Truth: John 15:1-5
• Andrew Murray: “So close is the union between the vine and the branch that each is without the other, that each is wholly and only for the .” (Abide in Christ 30-31)
1.“Without the vine the branch can do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
2. “Without the branch the vine can also do.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No indispensable than the vine to the branch is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus that, just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world; He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan.” (Abide in Christ 30)
3. “All the vine possesses to the branches.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “. . . all [the vine] has is at the disposal of the branches. As it is the parent, so it is the servant of the branches. . . . All [Jesus’] fullness and all His riches are for you, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists for the branches.”
(Abide in Christ 30-31)
• Ellen White: “Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (Desire of Ages 57)
• “This promised blessing [of the Holy Spirit] brings all other blessings in its train . . . according to the riches of the grace of Christ.” (Desire of Ages 672)
4. “And all the branch possesses to the vine.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• Andrew Murray: “The branch does not exist for itself, but it exists to bear fruit that can proclaim the excellence of the vine. It has not reason for existence except to be of service to the vine. . . . As Jesus gives Himself so wholly over to the believer, the believer feels himself urged to be his Lord’s. Every power of his being, every moment of his life, every thought and feeling belong to Jesus—that from Him and for Him he may bring forth fruit.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• “Now let your answer be, ‘Amen, Lord! So be it. From eternity Christ and I were ordained for ; inseparably we belong to . It is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.’” (Abide in Christ 47)
“All that You have is mine—
And all that I have is Yours.”
Soup for Students Report
Thank you to all who brought food or volunteered for Soup for Students last night. Because of your faithfulness, we were able to serve 197 students. We had over 30 pots of home-made soup, pizza, salad, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and cookies. It was a tremendous blessing to see students arriving even before 6:00 PM. We then prayed, opened the lines, and they were off. One student commented how this event is always an "oasis" for her and her friends in the midst of finals week. We had about 15 volunteers who were busy assembling the pizzas, swapping out empty pots of soup, and refilling water at the tables. Toward the end of the event, we were realizing we'd have some soup left over, so I texted Donnie Keele, the assistant dean at Meier Hall. He said, "If you bring any soup over here, it will all be gone by 10:15 PM." So we did just that. We packed the leftovers into to-go cups, and brought soup to the girls and the boys dorm. What an honor it is to partner together to show demonstrate God’s love towards students on our campus.
The season is upon us. Come celebrate with us. PMC Annual Christmas Breakfast in Church will be on December 21, 2019 at 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM
Bring your favorite breakfast items.
A – G – bread, muffin or pastries
H – P – breakfast casserole or hot/cold cereal
Q – Z – fruits
PMC will provide hot and cold drinks and nuts.
Feast of Lights
Andrews Academy will be presenting the 48th annual Feast of Lights program. The community is invited to attend this spectacular night of music, Scripture and drama honoring the King of Kings. It is an evening of lights, bells, instruments, choral singing, congregational singing, shepherds, a Nativity scene, and the retelling of a glorious Christmas story. Chorale and Orchestra will end the program with four choruses from Handel's Messiah including the Hallelujah chorus at the end. The church sidewalks will be arrayed in Christmas lighting. The program will speak to your hearts of His wondrous love. All are invited to attend this free program held at Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University.
December 13, 2019, 7:00 PM
PMC Christmas Angel Tree
Brighten the Christmas season and bring smile to struggling families, please stop by the Christmas Angel Tree located at the Welcome Center downstairs and at the Narthex. Choose an angel from the tree, you can either give donation (money, gift card, food, toys, etc) or buy a gift for them. You may bring your gift with the angel attached to it to PMC on or before December 23 (Monday)
Nathan Greene Art Studio Christmas Open House
Please join us at the Nathan Greene Art Studio Christmas Openhouse on Sunday, December 8 & 15, 2019, from 12 pm to 6 pm. Prints and puzzles will be available for purchase and signing by Nathan. Also featuring Artist, Bonnie Greene Le Blanc and Bladesmith, Daniel Greene. Hope to see you there!
Studio location: 8458 Painter School Road, Berrien Center, MI.
For more info call 269-313-1179
Join us in collecting toys for families that need some extra kindness during this holiday season. Bring a new, unwrapped toy to the church on December 14 to be collected during our children's Celebration of Christmas.
Nominating Committee Name Change Board Vote
The PMC Board voted on Nov. 11 to follow the recommendation of David Nowack, the Nominating Committee chair, to change the name of the Nominating Committee: it is now the Volunteer Engagement Committee or VEC for short. The change is the result of consultations with the pastoral staff and others to create a name that reflects the actions of the Committee and make it more understandable for the visitor, guest or new member.
Our United Cry
Adventist Retirees Christmas Banquet
Senior members of the Pioneer Memorial Church are invited to a Christmas Banquet in the Fellowship Hall of the Village Seventh-day Adventist Church on Sunday December 15, at 1:00 PM. Reservations must be made by calling the Village Church at 269.471.7795 by December 8. Please provide the name(s) who will be attending, contact number and indicate your church affiliation.
December 15, 1:00 PM
Location: Village SDA Church
Children's Ministry Resource Center needs costumers.
The PMC Children's Ministry Resource Center is looking for a Costume Coordinator and a Costume Garment Maker/Repairer. These volunteer positions are flexible to suit individual time available. Contact Debi Robertson, 269-470-2690.