The Secret of the Seed
The Secret of the Seed: Unleashing the Divine Potential in You - 3
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Secret of the Seed: Unleashing the Divine Potential in You”—3
□ Christ in the NT
- Luke 6:36-38—“, and it will be to you. . . . For with the you use, it will be to you.”
- The you give—the you will receive.
- Proverbs 11:24—“One person freely, yet even more; another unduly, but [still] comes to .”
- “, and it will be from you.”
□ Christ in the OT
- quid pro quo—“ for ” or “ you do this, I’ll do that.”
- Whenever God makes a quid pro quo offer to you— !
The Ten Commandments 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Malachi 3:8-12
Genesis 14:20—“Then Abraham gave him a of everything.”
- Genesis 28:22—“. . . and of all that You give me I [Jacob] will give you a .”
- Leviticus 27:30—The “tithe” or “one tenth” [Heb. same wd] is “ to the LORD”—the “tithe” is His.
- Haggai 2:8—“‘The is Mine and the is Mine,’ says the LORD Almighty.”
- Psalm 24:1—“The earth is the LORD’s and in it.”
“When you return My tithe, I promise to take your 9/10 and turn them into more than the !”
- Apparently, offerings and tithes are a critical divine antidote to our human condition known as .
What God does need, what God does long for is for the in me to become the of Him.
- And God is a by nature—“For God so loved the world that He . . .” (John 3:16).
- Ed Gungor: “ touches a nerve in us that nothing else does. We look a lot like God when we do it [John 3:16]. When you , you defy the fear that you won’t have enough. You insult , the impulse to acquire or possess more than one needs or deserves. If you really believe that God owns it all and that he is your source and provider, will be a simple matter. . . . The arena of is the only place where exactly what’s going on in your heart is revealed. According to Jesus, keeps your heart in motion toward God and away from material things. . . . Your heart will follow the direction of your .” (Religiously Transmitted Diseases)
Ellen White: “Everything that God could do was done to save a perishing world. ‘God so loved the world,
that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.’ God has made it impossible for it to be said that He could have done more than He has done for the fallen race. When He gave His Son, He gave Himself. In one great gift He poured out the whole treasure of heaven. He has revealed a love that defies all , a love that should fill our hearts and lives with gratitude.” (Review and Herald January 14, 1902)
- Oswald Chambers: “Our salvation is from hell and perdition, and then we talk about making sacrifices!” (My Utmost for His Highest 318)
Return what you’ve received, and you will receive
what you’ve returned— plus more!
Are you friendly and do you enjoy social media? Then, we have a great opportunity for you to be involved in ministry. Through streaming its services on Facebook Live and our website, Pioneer Memorial Church reaches thousands of people every single week. We’re looking to build a new team of local moderators/hosts for our online chat experiences. You could do this from your home. For more information contact Rodlie Ortiz at email@example.com.
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."