PMC members who are invited to join the Fellowship Dinner on July 2 are last names Abriot-Byrd. Invitations have been sent to those with email addresses, and members are asked to respond by June 29 via email with the number attending. If you don't have an email address, you may call the church office at 269-471-6565 to reserve spots.
I Will Do a New Thing
The Purpose: I Will Do a New Thing
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Purpose: ‘I Will Do a New Thing’”
□ A Text Message and a Story
- The story of Pavel—Ron Clouzet, Adventism’s Greatest Need: The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit
- 3 Key Ingredients to Transformational Revival:
□ Isaiah 43:19, 44:3
God’s “new thing”: “I will pour out My on your .”
□ Isaiah 62:6, 7
- New Living Translation: “O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on your walls; they will pray to the LORD day and night for the fulfillment of his promises. Take no , all you who pray. Give the LORD no until he makes Jerusalem the object of praise throughout the earth.”
The Voice: “Tirelessly God—give Him no rest—until He reestablishes Jerusalem and makes it worthy of praise throughout the whole world.”
- “Jerusalem” = Zion = people of God OT = church NT “called out ones”
- “Watchmen” = people who make an extraordinary commitment to pray on behalf of the community of faith = intercessors of the first degree = anonymous and often unrecognized = who demonstrate before God a D-U-E uncommon but not unrewarded = for God names them as the spiritual sentinels of His people.
- But we cannot defer to them our own divine calling to experience D-U-E.
Mark Batterson: “Desperate times call for desperate measures, and there is no more
desperate act than praying . There comes a moment when you need to throw caution to the wind and draw a circle in the sand. There comes a moment when you need to defy protocol, drop to your knees, and pray for the . There comes a moment when you need to muster every ounce of faith you have and call down from heaven.” (The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears 84)
- Thus our “preseason of prayer” counting down to the new year on this campus.
- Christ’s Object Lessons: “ [D-U-E] for the Holy Spirit. God stands back of every promise He has made [Isaiah 43:19; 44:3]. With your Bible in your hands say, I have done as Thou hast said. I present Thy promise, ‘Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.’ . . . When with earnestness and intensity [D-U-E] we breathe a prayer in the name of Christ, there is in that very intensity a pledge from God that He is about to answer our prayer ‘exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.’ Ephesians 3:20.” (147)
- BONUS PROMISE: “The more earnestly and steadfastly we ask, the will be our spiritual union with Christ. We shall receive increased blessings because we have increased faith.” (Christ’s Object Lessons 146)
- The story of James A. Stewart and a revival in Europe
Will you join me in D-U-E praying in this preseason of prayer?
Isn’t D-U-E due now?
Michigan Advance Partners
Matthew 6:20-21 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Camp Meeting: If you’ve been there, you have seen 1,148 fence stakes pounded into the ground, witnessed your pastors on their knees and backsides stretching 4,525 feet of fencing as straight as possible. If you’ve been there, you saw 2.28 miles of Streamers stretched across the campground and campus, seen prayer groups here, there, and everywhere, and witnessed kids singing “Give me oil in my lamp” and Adults singing songs that they will hum all year.
If you have been there, you have attended several of the 16,056 minutes- or 268 hours of seminars. You’ve watched kids going to their tents and classrooms where they have enjoyed 500 hours of meetings. If you have been there, you probably were one of the hundreds who were carefully licking vegan ice cream cones.
Michigan Camp meeting is the place where you can see the result of thousands of people accepting Christ and a place where you meet someone you do not even know and say, “Happy Sabbath.” It’s a place where you look to someone else and say "It’s so good to see you."
Right now, look to the person next to you and say, “Happy Sabbath.” Now look to someone else and wave or nod to them saying “It is so good to see you.” Did you see that? You just witnessed the joy of Christian fellowship.
This is the type of fellowship that is felt at the Michigan Camp Meeting. Today’s loose offering is for Michigan Advance Partners which helps to support Campmeeting. You can also give directly to Michigan Camp Meeting through the Tithe & Offering Envelope or through online giving. May God bless Campmeeting, as well as each one as we give to this special cause.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
From Anger to Intimacy with Gary Smalley DVD series
June 11-Anger: Stuff It, Spew It, or Study It
June 18-Personal Responsibility and Emotions
June 25- The Spirit of Forgiveness
July 2- Crafting the Perfect Apology
July 9-Roadblocks to Forgiveness
July 16- Forgiving the Difficult, Addicted or Cheating Spouse
Everyone is welcome Sabbath mornings from 10:30-11:30 in PMC room 141.
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry