PMC members who are invited to join the Fellowship Dinner on July 2 are last names Abriot-Byrd. Invitations have been sent to those with email addresses, and members are asked to respond by June 29 via email with the number attending. If you don't have an email address, you may call the church office at 269-471-6565 to reserve spots.
Stories in the Rearview Mirror
Why I Believe There's an App and a Kiosk that Connect to Heaven
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Stories in the Rearview Mirror: Why I Believe There’s an App and a Kiosk that Connect to Heaven”
- James White
- “When Elder Himes visited Portland, Me., a few days after the passing of time, and stated that the brethren should prepare for another cold winter, my feelings were almost uncontrollable. I left the place of meeting and wept like a child.” (Life Incidences 182)
- “We were married August 30, 1846, and from that hour to the present [Ellen] has been my crown of rejoicing. . . . We entered upon this work penniless, with few friends, and broken in health.” (Life Sketches/1880 126-127 emphasis supplied)
- Ellen White: “I said to my husband: ‘I have a message for you. You must begin to print a little paper and send it out to the people. Let it be small at first; but as the people read, they will send you means with which to print, and it will be a success from the first. From this small beginning it was shown to me to be like streams of light that went clear round the world.” (Life Sketches 125)
- Battle Creek Journal: “He was a man of the patriarchal pattern, and his character was cast in the heroic mold. . . . [I]f the genius to shape and direct the destiny of great communities, be a mark of true greatness, Elder White is certainly entitled to the appellation. . . . Therefore, as with all true founders of communities, his life is not a broken shaft, but an enduring column, whereon others are to build.” (SDA Encyclopedia 1603)
- The Macedonians
- 2 Corinthians 8:1-9
- The great two-step of sacrificial giving
- Ellen White: “Paul was convinced that if [we] could be brought to comprehend the amazing sacrifice made by the Majesty of heaven, all would be banished from [our] lives. . . . In the contemplation of Christ we linger on the shore of a that is measureless. We endeavor to tell of this love, and language fails us. We consider His life on earth, His sacrifice for us, His work in heaven as our advocate, and the mansions He is preparing for those who love Him, and we can only exclaim, O the height and depth of the love of Christ!” (Acts of the Apostles 333)
- Jesus’ great ex is God’s great ex for our great ex.
- Malachi 3:10—“‘ Me in this [tithes/offerings],’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw wide open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.’”
- 2 Corinthians 8:7—“I am not commanding you, but I want to the sincerity of your love.”
- A new kiosk and app and Kingdom Growth
“I Surrender All”
Michigan Advance Partners
Matthew 6:20-21 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Camp Meeting: If you’ve been there, you have seen 1,148 fence stakes pounded into the ground, witnessed your pastors on their knees and backsides stretching 4,525 feet of fencing as straight as possible. If you’ve been there, you saw 2.28 miles of Streamers stretched across the campground and campus, seen prayer groups here, there, and everywhere, and witnessed kids singing “Give me oil in my lamp” and Adults singing songs that they will hum all year.
If you have been there, you have attended several of the 16,056 minutes- or 268 hours of seminars. You’ve watched kids going to their tents and classrooms where they have enjoyed 500 hours of meetings. If you have been there, you probably were one of the hundreds who were carefully licking vegan ice cream cones.
Michigan Camp meeting is the place where you can see the result of thousands of people accepting Christ and a place where you meet someone you do not even know and say, “Happy Sabbath.” It’s a place where you look to someone else and say "It’s so good to see you."
Right now, look to the person next to you and say, “Happy Sabbath.” Now look to someone else and wave or nod to them saying “It is so good to see you.” Did you see that? You just witnessed the joy of Christian fellowship.
This is the type of fellowship that is felt at the Michigan Camp Meeting. Today’s loose offering is for Michigan Advance Partners which helps to support Campmeeting. You can also give directly to Michigan Camp Meeting through the Tithe & Offering Envelope or through online giving. May God bless Campmeeting, as well as each one as we give to this special cause.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
From Anger to Intimacy with Gary Smalley DVD series
June 11-Anger: Stuff It, Spew It, or Study It
June 18-Personal Responsibility and Emotions
June 25- The Spirit of Forgiveness
July 2- Crafting the Perfect Apology
July 9-Roadblocks to Forgiveness
July 16- Forgiving the Difficult, Addicted or Cheating Spouse
Everyone is welcome Sabbath mornings from 10:30-11:30 in PMC room 141.
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry