PMC members who are invited to join the Fellowship Dinner on July 2 are last names Abriot-Byrd. Invitations have been sent to those with email addresses, and members are asked to respond by June 29 via email with the number attending. If you don't have an email address, you may call the church office at 269-471-6565 to reserve spots.
The Pugwash Factor:
How to Turn Mission into Possible
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Pugwash Factor: How to Turn Mission into Possible”
- The Mission: Matthew 28:18-20/Mark 16:15/Luke 24:46, 47/John 20:21/Acts 1:8
- The Gospel: Euangellion = eu (good) + angellion (message) = “good message” “good news”
- Ellen White: “The message from God to me for you is ‘Him that cometh unto me, I will in no wise cast out’ (John 6:37). If you have nothing else to plead before God but this one promise from your Lord and Saviour, you have the assurance that you will never, never be turned away. It may seem to you that you are hanging upon a single promise, but appropriate that one promise, and it will open to you the whole treasure house of the riches of the grace of Christ. Cling to that promise and you are safe. . . . and you are as safe as though inside the city of God.” (Manuscript Releases 10:175)
- 7 Reasons for Your Life Mission:
- Reason #1—Because you were for mission.
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 TEV: “Christ changed us from enemies into his friends and gave us the of making others his friends also.”
- Steps to Christ 78: “No sooner does one come to Christ than there is born in his heart a desire to to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus; the saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart. . . . We shall seek to present to them the attractions of Christ and the unseen realities of the world to come.”
- Reason #2—Because your mission is a of Jesus’ mission on earth.
- Matthew 28:19-20 Message: “Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life. . . . I’ll be as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.”
- Desire of Ages 340: “It is in working to spread the good news of salvation that we are brought near to the .”
- Reason #3—Because your mission is a wonderful .
- 2 Corinthians 6:1—“We are workers together with .”
- Testimonies to the Church 9:102-103: “As I have thought of that cup trembling in the hands of Christ [in Gethsemane]; as I have realized that He might have refused to drink, and left the world to perish in its sin, I have pledged that every energy of my life should be devoted to the work of to Him.”
- Reason #4—Because telling others how they can have eternal life is the you can do for them.
- Acts 4:12 NCV—“Jesus is the who can save people.”
- Desire of Ages 568: “Jesus knows the circumstances of every soul. You may say, I am sinful, very sinful. You may be; but the worse you are, the more you need Jesus. He turns no weeping, contrite one away. He does not tell to any all that He might reveal, but He bids every trembling soul take courage. Freely will He pardon who come to Him for forgiveness and restoration.”
- Reason #5—Because your mission has significance.
- John 9:4 NLT—“All of us must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent me, because there is little time left before the night falls and all work comes to .”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 197: “In this work all the of heaven are ready to co-operate. All the resources of heaven are at the command of those who are seeking to save the lost. will help you to reach the most careless and the most hardened.”
- Reason #6—Because your mission gives your life .
- Acts 20:24 NLT—“My life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work to me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about God’s wonderful kindness and love.”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 419: “It is the of every soul to be a living channel through which God can communicate to the world the treasures of His grace, the unsearchable riches of Christ.”
- Reason #7—Because God’s timetable for history’s is connected to the completion of our commission.
- Matthew 24:14 NKJV—“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then will come.”
- Desire of Ages 634: “Those who watch for the Lord’s coming are not waiting in idle expectancy. . . . With vigilant watching they combine earnest working. Because they know that the Lord the door, their zeal is quickened to co-operate with the divine intelligences in working for the salvation of souls.”
- Reason #1—Because you were for mission.
The mission in your life is to fullfill your life mission.
Michigan Advance Partners
Matthew 6:20-21 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Camp Meeting: If you’ve been there, you have seen 1,148 fence stakes pounded into the ground, witnessed your pastors on their knees and backsides stretching 4,525 feet of fencing as straight as possible. If you’ve been there, you saw 2.28 miles of Streamers stretched across the campground and campus, seen prayer groups here, there, and everywhere, and witnessed kids singing “Give me oil in my lamp” and Adults singing songs that they will hum all year.
If you have been there, you have attended several of the 16,056 minutes- or 268 hours of seminars. You’ve watched kids going to their tents and classrooms where they have enjoyed 500 hours of meetings. If you have been there, you probably were one of the hundreds who were carefully licking vegan ice cream cones.
Michigan Camp meeting is the place where you can see the result of thousands of people accepting Christ and a place where you meet someone you do not even know and say, “Happy Sabbath.” It’s a place where you look to someone else and say "It’s so good to see you."
Right now, look to the person next to you and say, “Happy Sabbath.” Now look to someone else and wave or nod to them saying “It is so good to see you.” Did you see that? You just witnessed the joy of Christian fellowship.
This is the type of fellowship that is felt at the Michigan Camp Meeting. Today’s loose offering is for Michigan Advance Partners which helps to support Campmeeting. You can also give directly to Michigan Camp Meeting through the Tithe & Offering Envelope or through online giving. May God bless Campmeeting, as well as each one as we give to this special cause.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
This summer, Pioneer Grow Groups are leading a service project to put together a gift basket for each active foster family in Berrien County (about 60 total). These families are meeting a very special need in our community, and Pioneer wants to support them in their love on the move. Each basket will have a summer theme. We plan to include a book, snack items, toys and activities that will appeal to the whole family, information about Pioneer’s Grow Groups and Children and Family Discipleship programs, our Preschool Pray & Play events, and more! Do you want to be love on the move for our county foster families? The information you need is here: pmchurch.org/fosterbasket, where you’ll have the option to volunteer your time to come and assemble baskets, deliver baskets, or hand out baskets to families who choose to come to us.
From Anger to Intimacy with Gary Smalley DVD series
June 11-Anger: Stuff It, Spew It, or Study It
June 18-Personal Responsibility and Emotions
June 25- The Spirit of Forgiveness
July 2- Crafting the Perfect Apology
July 9-Roadblocks to Forgiveness
July 16- Forgiving the Difficult, Addicted or Cheating Spouse
Everyone is welcome Sabbath mornings from 10:30-11:30 in PMC room 141.
Children ages 0-12 are invited to Village SDA Church's castle themed Vacation Bible School! There will be games, snacks, Bible stories and crafts! Children will learn all the ways that Satan tries to attack us and enter into our castle minds. The good news
is that Jesus wants to live in our hearts and protect our castles! Please note: Children 5 and over may be dropped off; however, Children ages 4 and under must be accompanied by an adult. T-shirts are available for pre-purchase by June 1. Register online anytime at https://vbspro.events/p/villagevbs2022
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
We are in need for additional volunteers for Pioneer's Traffic Ministry. The weather outside is getting warmer and this would be a great opportunity for you to show your kindness, caring, and smiles to everyone who enters our church doors for Sabbath worship. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Darryl at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 732-379-1300. Thank you.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry