PMC members who are invited to join the Fellowship Dinner on July 2 are last names Abriot-Byrd. Invitations have been sent to those with email addresses, and members are asked to respond by June 29 via email with the number attending. If you don't have an email address, you may call the church office at 269-471-6565 to reserve spots.
Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark - 3
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“STORM: Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark”—3
- Two sides to the coin
- Jesus: “If you remain in Me [ are in Christ] and I remain in you [Christ is in ], then you will bear much fruit.”
- Two sides to the Salvation Coin:
- → Christ = forgiveness/justification
- Christ → = fruit/sanctification
- Galatians 2:20—“I am crucified with Christ [ are in Christ]: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me [Christ is in ]: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- The “Christ is in us” side of the coin:
- John 15:5—“‘Abide in Me and I .’”
- Galatians 2:20—“Christ lives .”
- Galatians 4:19—“My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed .”
- Ephesians 3:17—“ . . . so that Christ may dwell in through faith . . .”
- Colossians 1:27—“ . . . God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this [Gospel] mystery, which is Christ , the hope of glory.”
- Revelation 3:20—“‘Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will and eat with that person, and they with me.’”
- Jesus—“‘I am the Vine and you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much .”
- For God—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit—bearing fruit is a huge deal—because it is the only way to that the branch is truly connected to the Vine.
- Luke 13:6-9—“‘If it bears next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’”
- Galatians 5:22-23 NRSV—“The of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”
- Job was bearing fruit that showed he had the faith of Jesus: “Though He slay me, yet will I Him” (Job 13:15).
- And what is “the faith of Jesus”? “I will put My in Him” (Hebrews 2:13).
- There will be a generation at the end of time that will demonstrate the faith of , because they have the faith of .
- And the faith of Jesus is revealed in the fruit of the .
- Desire of Ages 677: “‘Herein is My Father glorified,’ said Jesus, ‘that ye bear much fruit.’ God desires to manifest through you the holiness, the benevolence, the compassion, of His own . Yet the Saviour does not bid the disciples to bear fruit. He tells them to in Him.”
- Mike Mason—“Marriage, even under the very best of circumstances, is a crisis—one of the major crises of life—and it is a dangerous thing not to be aware of this. Whether it turns out to be a healthy, challenging, and constructive crisis or a disastrous nightmare depends largely upon how willing the partners are to be changed, how malleable they are. Yet ironically, it is some of the most hardened and crusty and unlikely people in the world who plunge themselves into the arms of marriage and thereby submit in almost total naiveté to the two most transforming powers know to the human heart: the love of another person and the gracious love of God. So be prepared for ! Be prepared for the most sweeping and revolutionary of a lifetime.’’ (The Mystery of Marriage: As Iron Sharpens Iron 60-61)
- One example to follow
- Matthew 4:4—“‘It is written: “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every that comes from the mouth of God.”’”
- Psalm 40:8/Hebrews 10:7—“‘I desire to do Your will, my God; Your is within My heart.’”
- Psalm 119:11—“I have hidden Your in my heart that I might not sin against You.”
- Psalm 16:8-10—“I will keep my eyes always on the LORD. With Him at My right hand, I will not be shaken. . . . because You will abandon Me to the realm of the dead, will You let Your faithful one see decay.”
- Cameron Schofield: “If you don’t get anything else out of this study, I want you to listen carefully and get this. Take it home with you and do not forget it. How was it that Christ was able to give himself up into the hands of the Father? How was it that no matter how dark the malignity of sin was, how terrible the weight of guilt, how impossible it seemed that there was any way out, how did He conquer? He believed that God would keep His . By faith Christ was victorious! ‘And this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.’ 1 John 5:4. Is your faith the faith of Jesus?” (Heralding the Loud Cry 94)
- Desire of Ages 677: “It is through the that Christ abides in His followers. . . . The words of Christ [in the Gospels] are spirit and life. Receiving them, you receive the life of the Vine. You live ‘by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’ Matthew 4:4. The life of Christ in you produces the same as in Him. Living in Christ, adhering to Christ, supported by Christ, drawing nourishment from Christ, you bear fruit after the similitude of Christ.”
- If you want to abide in Christ and want Him to abide in you, everyday ask for the of Jesus as you read the of God.
“Abide in Me and I in you”
Michigan Advance Partners
Matthew 6:20-21 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Camp Meeting: If you’ve been there, you have seen 1,148 fence stakes pounded into the ground, witnessed your pastors on their knees and backsides stretching 4,525 feet of fencing as straight as possible. If you’ve been there, you saw 2.28 miles of Streamers stretched across the campground and campus, seen prayer groups here, there, and everywhere, and witnessed kids singing “Give me oil in my lamp” and Adults singing songs that they will hum all year.
If you have been there, you have attended several of the 16,056 minutes- or 268 hours of seminars. You’ve watched kids going to their tents and classrooms where they have enjoyed 500 hours of meetings. If you have been there, you probably were one of the hundreds who were carefully licking vegan ice cream cones.
Michigan Camp meeting is the place where you can see the result of thousands of people accepting Christ and a place where you meet someone you do not even know and say, “Happy Sabbath.” It’s a place where you look to someone else and say "It’s so good to see you."
Right now, look to the person next to you and say, “Happy Sabbath.” Now look to someone else and wave or nod to them saying “It is so good to see you.” Did you see that? You just witnessed the joy of Christian fellowship.
This is the type of fellowship that is felt at the Michigan Camp Meeting. Today’s loose offering is for Michigan Advance Partners which helps to support Campmeeting. You can also give directly to Michigan Camp Meeting through the Tithe & Offering Envelope or through online giving. May God bless Campmeeting, as well as each one as we give to this special cause.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
This summer, Pioneer Grow Groups are leading a service project to put together a gift basket for each active foster family in Berrien County (about 60 total). These families are meeting a very special need in our community, and Pioneer wants to support them in their love on the move. Each basket will have a summer theme. We plan to include a book, snack items, toys and activities that will appeal to the whole family, information about Pioneer’s Grow Groups and Children and Family Discipleship programs, our Preschool Pray & Play events, and more! Do you want to be love on the move for our county foster families? The information you need is here: pmchurch.org/fosterbasket, where you’ll have the option to volunteer your time to come and assemble baskets, deliver baskets, or hand out baskets to families who choose to come to us.
From Anger to Intimacy with Gary Smalley DVD series
June 11-Anger: Stuff It, Spew It, or Study It
June 18-Personal Responsibility and Emotions
June 25- The Spirit of Forgiveness
July 2- Crafting the Perfect Apology
July 9-Roadblocks to Forgiveness
July 16- Forgiving the Difficult, Addicted or Cheating Spouse
Everyone is welcome Sabbath mornings from 10:30-11:30 in PMC room 141.
Children ages 0-12 are invited to Village SDA Church's castle themed Vacation Bible School! There will be games, snacks, Bible stories and crafts! Children will learn all the ways that Satan tries to attack us and enter into our castle minds. The good news
is that Jesus wants to live in our hearts and protect our castles! Please note: Children 5 and over may be dropped off; however, Children ages 4 and under must be accompanied by an adult. T-shirts are available for pre-purchase by June 1. Register online anytime at https://vbspro.events/p/villagevbs2022
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
We are in need for additional volunteers for Pioneer's Traffic Ministry. The weather outside is getting warmer and this would be a great opportunity for you to show your kindness, caring, and smiles to everyone who enters our church doors for Sabbath worship. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Darryl at email@example.com or text 732-379-1300. Thank you.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry