DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
- The Mission
- John 17:18 Message—“‘In the same way that You [Father] gave Me a in the world, I give them a in the world.’”
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 TEV—“Christ changed us from enemies into His friends and gave us the of making others His friends also.”
- John 20:21 NIV—“‘As the Father has sent Me, I am you.’”
- Matthew 28:19-20 CEV—“‘Go to the people of all and make them My disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you.’”
- Mark 1:17 NIV—“‘Come,’ Jesus said, ‘and I will send you out to for people.’”
- We were born again to , because that is His metaphor for mission.
- 3 John 4 NIV—“I have no greater than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” (“Nothing could make me .” Message)
- The Story
- Luke 5:1-5: “Push out into water”—because that is where the fish are.
- Luke 5:6-10: “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people with Me.”
- Desire of Ages: “The deeper lesson which the miracle conveyed for the disciples is a lesson for us also—that He whose could gather the fishes from the sea could also impress human hearts, and draw them by the cords of His love, so that His servants might become ‘fishers of men.’” (249)
- Desire of Ages: “The first thing to be learned by all who would become workers together with God is the lesson of self- .” (250)
- Desire of Ages: “There is to the usefulness of one who, by putting self aside, makes room for the working of the Holy Spirit upon his heart, and lives a life wholly consecrated to God.” (250-251)
“Don’t be afraid—from now on you will fish for people with Me.”
Are you friendly and do you enjoy social media? Then, we have a great opportunity for you to be involved in ministry. Through streaming its services on Facebook Live and our website, Pioneer Memorial Church reaches thousands of people every single week. We’re looking to build a new team of local moderators/hosts for our online chat experiences. You could do this from your home. For more information contact Rodlie Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."