Pioneer Women’s Ministries engages women in Christ-centered discipleship, fellowship and service to glorify God through prayerfully planned activities and events. We are inviting you to participate in a survey that will help plan these activities and events this year. We would be delighted to hear from you either by completing the online survey or by phone by calling Lyn McCarty at 269-208-3377.
Ground Zero and the New Reformation
How to Be Baptized with the Holy Spirit - Part 1
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
"Ground Zero and the New Reformation:
How to Be Baptized with the Holy Spirit"—1
- The Red Letter Truth of the Holy Spirit
- John 16:5-7—The Holy Spirit will take place with us.
- John 14:16-18—The Holy Spirit will bring presence into us.
- John 14:26—The Holy Spirit will teach truths to us.
- John 15:26—The Holy Spirit will speak testimony through us.
- J. I. Packer, Keep in Step with the Spirit: Finding Fullness in Our Walk with God: "The Spirit’s message to us is never 'Look at me; listen to me; come to me; get to know me' but always 'Look at Him, and see His glory; listen to Him, and hear His word; go to Him, and have life; get to know Him, and taste His gift of joy and peace.' The Spirit, we might say, is the matchmaker, the celestial marriage broker, whose role it is to bring us and Christ together and ensure that we together." (Quoted in Frank Hasel, "The Holy Spirit and Spirituality," Jan-Mar 2017 SS Study Guide p 18)
- Desire of Ages: "The Holy Spirit is Christ’s representative, but divested of the personality of humanity, and independent thereof. Cumbered with humanity, Christ could not be in every place personally. Therefore it was for their interest that He should go to the Father, and send the Spirit to be His successor on earth. No one could then have any advantage because of his location or his personal contact with Christ. By the Spirit the Saviour would be accessible to all. In this sense He would be to them than if He had not ascended on high." (669)
The Luke 11 Truth of the Holy Spirit
Luke 11:1-4—7 petitions in the Lord’s Prayer—you get the idea that God really loves it when we Him for what we’d like, for what we want, for what we need!
Luke 11:5-8—Because it’s only when we realize we have that we are ripe and ready for the God has for us.
Luke 11:8—"... yet because of your he will surely get up and give you as much as you ."
Desire of Ages: "This promised blessing [the Holy Spirit], claimed by faith, brings other blessings in its train. It is given according to the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive." (672)
Ellen White: "With the reception of this gift [the Holy Spirit], other gifts would be ours; for we are to have this gift according to the plentitude of the riches of the grace of Christ, and He is ready to supply every soul according to the capacity to receive." (Ye Shall Receive Power 221)
Luke 11:13—"... how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who [keep on asking/ ] ask Him."
Ellen White: "Morning by morning [Jesus] communicated with His Father in heaven, receiving from Him a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit." (Signs of the Times November 21, 1895)
Acts of the Apostles: "To the consecrated [follower of Jesus] there is wonderful consolation in the knowledge that even Christ during His life on earth sought His Father for fresh supplies of needed grace." (56)
Christ’s Object Lessons: "Our prayers are to be as earnest and persistent as was the petition of the needy friend who asked for the loaves at midnight. The more earnestly and steadfastly we ask, the will be our spiritual union with Christ." (146)
- For a PDF of Helmut Haubeil’s Steps to Personal Revival: Being Filled with the Holy Spirit click here.
“He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” — Luke 3:16
For study guide answers download the Study Guide PDF
It's a fresh new year, and it's time for a fresh new Grow Groups season! Grow Groups are Pioneer's small groups that incorporate 5 S's: Shared interest, Spiritual touchpoint, Service project, Social event, Semester-based. That's it, in a nutshell! Grow Groups are for EVERYONE—all welcome to join.
Leaders, if you are passionate about something and want to use that to foster community and lead others to Jesus, we can probably help you turn that passion into a Grow Group! Let us know as soon as possible because the deadline to sign up to lead a group is January 21. For more information please email email@example.com or visit pmchurch.org/grow to sign up.
Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Digital Group Leader Registration Deadline: January 21
- Leader Orientation (via Zoom): February 1, 7:00 PM
- Spring Grow Groups Meet: February 7 – May 1
It is almost time for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. Pioneer knows that you have had an unusual year and wants to make it easy for you to receive your Year-end Contribution Statement. This time around, you will receive your Contribution Statement easily and conveniently via email. If you have not recently updated your contact details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current email address to ensure that you receive your statement. Thank you!
"Military life can be a lonely life away from family on deployment," notes James North, Pioneer's Servicepersons Coordinator. "Military families may have a difficult time in a foreign country even though they are together," he continues. "I spent 358 days (I marked each day on a self-created calendar) in Viet Nam away from my wife and 3 toddler daughters. My access to some of the following material was vital."
SDA military persons may receive complimentary subscriptions to Adventist Review, the Adult Bible Study Guide (Sabbath School), and For God and Country and the choice of 2 journals from Guide, Liberty, Message, Our Little Friend, Primary Treasure, Signs of the Times, and Vibrant Life.
A 2021 order form and instructions are found on page 28 of the current issue of For God and Country and I will post a copy of the form in next week's bulletin. If you have military Adventist family members we invite you to send this information to them.