PMC members who are invited to join the Fellowship Dinner on July 2 are last names Abriot-Byrd. Invitations have been sent to those with email addresses, and members are asked to respond by June 29 via email with the number attending. If you don't have an email address, you may call the church office at 269-471-6565 to reserve spots.
Gone to the Birds
Lessons from the Divine Ornithologist - Part 1
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
"Gone to the Birds: Lessons from the Divine Ornithologist"—1
- Isaiah 40:31
- "But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
- Steps to Christ: "'God is love,' is written upon every opening bud, upon every spire of springing grass. The lovely birds making the air vocal with their happy songs . . . all testify to the tender, fatherly care of our God, and to His desire to make His children happy." (10)
- Psalm 27:13-14
- "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD!"
- Carl Jung: "Hurry is not of the devil. Hurry is the devil!" (Celebration of Discipline 13)
- Joyce Landorf God’s Waiting Room
Let me have my own way, Lord, let me have my own way.
You are the potter, (but don't forget!) I am the clay.
Now mold me and make me—if it doesn't hurt too much or cramp my style.
While I am moving, forging ahead and motor mouth still.
- God's Waiting Room—Joseph, Moses, Jesus, Paul, You
- Jim Long: "If the only way to develop patience is to go through difficulty, we'd probably just as soon skip it. Every day brings some exasperation—some need, small or great, that forces us to exercise patience [or impatience, as the case may be]. . . . We struggle with patience because we don't like the circumstances we face. Patience is difficult because things feel out of control. The timing seems wrong; the wait drags on and on."(www.christianitytoday.com/iyf/1998/sepoct/8c5010.html)
- Desire of Ages: "Christ rejoiced that He could do more for His followers than they could ask or think. . . . He knew that truth, armed with the omnipotence of the Holy Spirit, would conquer in the contest with evil; and that the bloodstained banner would wave triumphantly over His followers. He knew that the life of His trusting disciples would be like His, a series of uninterrupted victories, not seen to be such here, but recognized as such in the great hereafter." (679)
"You wait . . . I win . . . You win"
Michigan Advance Partners
Matthew 6:20-21 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Camp Meeting: If you’ve been there, you have seen 1,148 fence stakes pounded into the ground, witnessed your pastors on their knees and backsides stretching 4,525 feet of fencing as straight as possible. If you’ve been there, you saw 2.28 miles of Streamers stretched across the campground and campus, seen prayer groups here, there, and everywhere, and witnessed kids singing “Give me oil in my lamp” and Adults singing songs that they will hum all year.
If you have been there, you have attended several of the 16,056 minutes- or 268 hours of seminars. You’ve watched kids going to their tents and classrooms where they have enjoyed 500 hours of meetings. If you have been there, you probably were one of the hundreds who were carefully licking vegan ice cream cones.
Michigan Camp meeting is the place where you can see the result of thousands of people accepting Christ and a place where you meet someone you do not even know and say, “Happy Sabbath.” It’s a place where you look to someone else and say "It’s so good to see you."
Right now, look to the person next to you and say, “Happy Sabbath.” Now look to someone else and wave or nod to them saying “It is so good to see you.” Did you see that? You just witnessed the joy of Christian fellowship.
This is the type of fellowship that is felt at the Michigan Camp Meeting. Today’s loose offering is for Michigan Advance Partners which helps to support Campmeeting. You can also give directly to Michigan Camp Meeting through the Tithe & Offering Envelope or through online giving. May God bless Campmeeting, as well as each one as we give to this special cause.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
This summer, Pioneer Grow Groups are leading a service project to put together a gift basket for each active foster family in Berrien County (about 60 total). These families are meeting a very special need in our community, and Pioneer wants to support them in their love on the move. Each basket will have a summer theme. We plan to include a book, snack items, toys and activities that will appeal to the whole family, information about Pioneer’s Grow Groups and Children and Family Discipleship programs, our Preschool Pray & Play events, and more! Do you want to be love on the move for our county foster families? The information you need is here: pmchurch.org/fosterbasket, where you’ll have the option to volunteer your time to come and assemble baskets, deliver baskets, or hand out baskets to families who choose to come to us.
From Anger to Intimacy with Gary Smalley DVD series
June 11-Anger: Stuff It, Spew It, or Study It
June 18-Personal Responsibility and Emotions
June 25- The Spirit of Forgiveness
July 2- Crafting the Perfect Apology
July 9-Roadblocks to Forgiveness
July 16- Forgiving the Difficult, Addicted or Cheating Spouse
Everyone is welcome Sabbath mornings from 10:30-11:30 in PMC room 141.
Children ages 0-12 are invited to Village SDA Church's castle themed Vacation Bible School! There will be games, snacks, Bible stories and crafts! Children will learn all the ways that Satan tries to attack us and enter into our castle minds. The good news
is that Jesus wants to live in our hearts and protect our castles! Please note: Children 5 and over may be dropped off; however, Children ages 4 and under must be accompanied by an adult. T-shirts are available for pre-purchase by June 1. Register online anytime at https://vbspro.events/p/villagevbs2022
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
We are in need for additional volunteers for Pioneer's Traffic Ministry. The weather outside is getting warmer and this would be a great opportunity for you to show your kindness, caring, and smiles to everyone who enters our church doors for Sabbath worship. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Darryl at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 732-379-1300. Thank you.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry