The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
The Last Letter
Home Alone 19
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Last Letter: Home Alone 19”
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock”
»Invitation #1—Jesus’ invitation.
• Ralph Carmichael: “The Savior is waiting to enter your heart—why don’t you let Him come in? There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart—what is your answer to Him?”
• Proverbs 23:26—”My child, give Me your .”
• John 14:23—”‘Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our with them.’”
• John 14:17—”‘The Spirit of Truth with you and will be in you.’”
• Ellen White: “That heart is the happiest that has Christ as an abiding . . . . Let us acknowledge Him as our Friend and Saviour.” (My Life Today 157)
»Invitation #2—Jesus’ invitation.
• Mark 13:26, 29 NASB: “‘Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. . . . Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the .’”
• Revelation 22:12, 20: “‘Look! I am coming !’ . . . He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming ‘“
• 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3): “For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them , as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not [GK: no not] escape.”
• Ellen White: “At this time the Laodicean message is to be given, to arouse a slumbering church. Let the thought of the of time stimulate you to earnest, untiring effort. Remember that Satan has come down with great power, to work with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish.” (Selected Messages 1:196)
»Invitation #3—Jesus’ invitation.
• Jesus isn’t even the church—He’s standing on the !
• Ellen White: “The Holy Spirit waits to soften and subdue hearts; but they are not willing to open the door and let the Saviour in, for fear that He will require something of them. And so Jesus of Nazareth passes by. He longs to bestow on them the rich blessings of His grace, but they refuse to accept them. What a terrible thing it is to exclude Christ from His own temple! What a to the church!” (Testimonies to the Church 6:262)
• Song of Solomon: “[She speaks] I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: ‘[He speaks] Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.’ [She] I have taken off my robe—must I put it on again? I have washed my feet—must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my lover . . .” (Song of Solomon 5:2-5).
• Sigve Tonstad: “. . . to this thoroughly unlikeable community, Jesus propositions a privilege so amazing that I don’t dare repeat it (3:20-21).”
"Come in, Jesus"
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."