The February 27, 2021 offering is for Michigan Advance Partners (MAP). This is the Michigan Conference offering taken up on the fourth Sabbath of every month. This requested MAP offering is separate from and above and beyond our regular Tithe offering and the separate "Combined Budget" offering for our local church expense. The MAP offering has been a most important Michigan Conference offering since 1978 when leading laymen recognized a financial need at Conference level and established the Michigan Conference Lay Advisory Program. MAP funds support a variety of key Conference programs such as Evangelism, Camp Au Sable, Camp Meeting, Education equipment, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, "Project Assist" for our secondary students attending our Michigan academies, and Special Projects. Recently Renovate at PMC was one of these special projects. The requested and hoped-for goal for MAP contributions is for each Michigan family giving unit to contribute one percent (1%) of income earmarked specifically for Michigan Advance Partners. Currently, Conference-wide we raise just 30% of that goal. If every member in Michigan would regularly commit to a MAP offering 1% of income, instead of the $800,000 per year we now raise, we would be receiving three million dollars! This would vitally enable the Michigan Conference to do even more to support the spread of the gospel in this beautiful corner of God's vineyard!
Roommates, Bad Dates, and Soul Mates
Roommates, Bad Dates, & Soulmates-Part 2
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Roommates, Bad Dates and Soul Mates”—2
» Family Tree #1—Matthew 1:1
»Family Tree #2—Matthew 1:21
- JESUS&SEX #1—God it.
- Matthew 19:4-6
• Brigham Young University studied 2035 married people:
- Better .
- Better .
- Better .
- Better .
• Mike Mason: “Is there any other activity at all which an adult man and woman may engage in together (apart from worship) that is actually more childlike, more clean and pure, more natural and wholesome and unequivocally right than is the act of love making? . . . Surely is the deepest communion that is possible between human beings.” (The Mystery of Marriage: As Iron Sharpens Iron 121)
• JESUS&SEX #2—We have it.
- Matthew 5:27-28
• How the enemy deceives us into denting this gift?
- Pornographic sex is sex marriage—sex usually with yourself.
- Premarital sex is sex marriage—sex with someone else.
- Extramarital sex is sex of marriage—sex with someone who isn’t your spouse.
• Lust simply defined means—”I gotta have it .”
• The Rooster and the “Coolidge Effect”
• Jennifer Schwirtzer: “The point of this story is that sexuality, especially male sexuality, tends to be novelty-driven. Male rats will copulate, then tire and stop sexual activity until scientists drop a new female rat into the cage, when suddenly the male feels his mojo return. He will continue to copulate with each partner until he literally dies of exhaustion. Clearly, this novelty-driven sexuality moves in the opposite direction from God’s plan of long-term faithfulness to one partner.” (13 Weeks to Love 63)
• A proverb: “Why buy the cow, if you can get the milk for ?”
• “Just the right amount of wrong.”
• Proverbs 6:25, 27, 32—”Do not lust in your heart after her [his] beauty or let her [him] captivate you with her [his] eyes. . . . Can a man scoop fire into his lap without his clothes being burned? . . . But a man who commits adultery has no sense; whoever does so destroys himself.”
“I Then Shall Live”
I then shall live as one who’s been forgiven.
I’ll walk with joy to know my debts are paid.
I know my name is clear before my Father;
I am His child and I am not afraid.
So, greatly pardoned, I’ll forgive my brother;
The law of love I gladly will obey.
I then shall live as one who’s learned compassion.
I’ve been so loved, that I’ll risk loving too.
I know how fear builds walls instead of bridges;
I’ll dare to see another’s point of view.
And when relationships demand commitment,
Then I’ll be there to care and follow through.
Your Kingdom come around and through and in me;
Your power and glory, let them shine through me.
Your Hallowed Name, O may I bear with honor,
And may Your living Kingdom come in me.
The Bread of Life, O may I share with honor,
And may You feed a hungry world through me.
—David Phelps/Gloria Gaither
Children's Worship is back! Join Rich Aguilera for a fun, action-packed, special worship time for kids and families! This is free and open to all. Kids must be accompanied by an adult. Please wear a mask and social distance as labeled on the pews.
Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Sanctuary
Route 2 Raise is an eight-week fundraising challenge that begins Feb. 21, 2021, and runs through April 16, 2021. You can participate by either donating a dollar or finding a sponsor to donate a dollar on your behalf for every mile. You accumulate mileage by wheelchair, walking, jogging, or running. The funds raised in this Route 2 Raise activity will go directly to the Student Life COVID-19 Emergency Fund, assisting Andrews students in need, with heating bills, food, and other necessities. We welcome everyone to participate, local or distant, student, faculty, and families. All are welcome as we promote health and support our fellow students! Additional information for details of how to give will be provided soon.
See the University Faith App or www.andrews.edu/go/wellbeing
In this 2021 Devotional, Jesus Name Above All Names, Ellen White uses 840 names to introduce Jesus. Pioneer member, John Rorabeck, has prepared an index to this devotional that you might find useful.
"Father in Heaven, we ask Your grace and protection for Pioneer's servicepeople and those around the world who serve. Military service and war are part of life on planet earth. Give wisdom to our leaders and come soon to bring us eternal peace."